Land Management
[For Residential Management click here]

We operate a large portfolio of managed property including Estates, Farms and Residential property, for various Landlord clients. The services can be adapted to suit the needs of the individual client depending upon the level of involvement to be retained. We also act for Tenants.

  • Full management of estates, farms and land.
  • Farm management and consultancy.
  • Letting of farms and negotiations of farm business tenancies.
  • Grazing and mowing licences.
  • Farm buildings and improvements.
  • Waste water management plans for pollution regulations.
  • Single Payment Scheme [SPS], applications and advice.
  • Environmental Stewardship Schemes.
  • Consultation on land use.
  • Advice and management on grant funding.
  • Forestry schemes and advice.
  • Field measurement and surveys.
  • Agricultural Appraisals for planning applications. 
  • Advice on farm building schemes including new build and renovations.

Letting of Land

Our service can include the following:

  • Farm Business Tenancies and Grazing Licences.
  • Preparation of the letting particulars.
  • Finding tenant/grazier.
  • Preparation of the Tenancy Agreement/Grazing Licence.
  • Collection of rents.
  • Liaison between the Landlord and Tenant.
  • Service of notices.
  • Single payment scheme.
  • Other DEFRA/RPA schemes.
  • Annual/regular visits.
  • Provide regular Statements of Account (periods to be agreed with client).
  • Respond to routine enquiries of the Landlord and Tenant.
  • Attend meetings when required by the Landlord and Tenant.
  • Liaise with clients' Solicitors/Accountants.
  • Overseeing repairs.
  • Arrange property insurance if required.
  • Maintain VAT records and returns (if required).
  • Negotiating Rent Reviews.
  • Records of Condition.
  • Serving Notices.
  • Negotiating Tenancy surrenders.
  • Insurance claims.

Land Use and Diversification

  • Advice on Planning and Planning Applications.
  • Planning and Supervision of Forestry work.
  • Negotiating terms for the grant of access rights to the property.
  • Supervision of such agreements to ensure compliance in accordance with agreed terms.
  • Making representations to local and other authorities where claims are made on the review of definitive rights of way plans. Submission of notices and statutory declarations to confirm existing rights of way.
  • Negotiating the creation, diversion, downgrading or stopping up of access rights.

If you are thinking of letting your agricultural property, either farms or land, under terms of a Farm Business Tenancy or Licence arrangement please contact Colin Tomlinson, Mark Barrow or Katie Hunter, our Land Agents on:

Email addresses:

Tel: 01539 721375